OS: unify description vs title - replace description with title on UI
Descriptions are currently searchable independently of titles. Also, API returns them as separate fields. Other than that they aren't really exposed anywhere and they serve only as a source for the title (which is description shortened to 255 characters). So the current value of keeping them both is very little.
- On UI : `Description` should be replaced by `Title`
- Description column should be removed from db.
- Related to Bug #17304: hammer os: unify --description vs. --title for its subcommands added
- Subject changed from OS: unify description vs title - keep title remove description to OS: unify description vs title - replace description with title on UI
- Project changed from Katello to Foreman
- Category deleted (
- Target version set to 177
- Status changed from New to Pending
- Target version changed from 177 to 1.17.0-RC1
- Target version changed from 1.17.0-RC1 to 1.15.6
IIRC os description has specific function. It's generated based on name and version. This might potentially be a big change and should be handled carefully
- Target version changed from 1.15.6 to 230
Also available in: Atom