CVE-2017-2667 - SSL/HTTPS server certificates are not verified by default
HTTPS connections initiated by Hammer to the API server do not perform validation of the server SSL/TLS certificate, allowing for a man-in-the-middle attack against the user.
#12400 has introduced automatic certificate verification when an SSL CA is explicitly configured, but the default for HTTPS connections remains off. It could be verified against the system CA store.
Reported by Tomas Strachota to email@example.com.
- Related to Bug #12400: Missing option to enable verification of the server certificate. added
- Subject changed from SSL/HTTPS server certificates are not verified by default to CVE-2017-2667 - SSL/HTTPS server certificates are not verified by default
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Assignee set to Tomáš Strachota
- Status changed from Assigned to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/hammer-cli/pull/235 added
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/hammer-cli-foreman/pull/293 added
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Also available in: Atom