Plugin and dashboard widget registry auto-reloaded
Since #18445, the plugin and related classes may be reloaded, losing registrations - probably for plugin registrations, default dashboard widgets, modified menu items, and permissions.
The change to use
require_dependency will allow Rails to track the constants and reload them when the source files are modified, discarding the class variable. The use of
require_dependency is however required to ensure eager loading doesn't load the file twice (#18445).
The source files may need to be moved to prevent double-loading and to be excluded from autoloading.
- Related to Bug #18445: "Cannot define multiple 'included' blocks" for audit_extensions with eager_load enabled added
- Related to Bug #10927: Resetting dashboard to default widgets adds no widgets added
- Has duplicate Bug #19318: Plugins infrastructure don't work reliably in development added
- Has duplicate Bug #19290: Unable to retrieve API bindings via hammer added
- Status changed from Assigned to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/4472 added
- Related to Bug #19351: transient test failure added
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/4507 added
- translation missing: en.field_release set to 240
Also available in: Atom