Document tracer feature (including running katello-tracer-upload)
After applying errata, we see content hosts reporting a warning.Symptoms:
- orange 'CIRCLED INFORMATION SOURCE' icon next to server on the all hosts page
- "Status: Warning, Traces: One or more processes require restarting" on the host's details page
- the Traces tab on the content host page lists a single service to be restarted (in this case, goferd)
I presume this is related to http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/18895Problem:
- manually restarting the service on the server in question doesn't change the status back to green
- prompting via "puppet agent -t" doesn't notify of the service reset
- on the Content Host Traces page there is an option to restart but only if the "Remote execution plugin is required to be able to run any helpers." Don't have plugin installed.
- restarting the server changes status to green
If a system can change status to Warning/Orange, should be able to reset by restarting the service manually without a plugin.
#4 Updated by Justin Sherrill about 2 years ago
- Subject changed from Status and Traces don't update correctly after manual service restart to Document tracer feature (including running katello-tracer-upload)
- Status changed from Need more information to Assigned
I don't believe it is, but i think its done automatically via the rex job here: https://github.com/Katello/katello/blob/21ebe289aa8b0f4c0453bba80f2dae77fec237b4/app/views/foreman/job_templates/restart_services.erb
However this should be documented better, i will keep this bug open for documentation. In fact we need to document this feature better anyways.