Request to add UEFI Grub2 for SLES/SUSE
Request to add support for PXE booting SLES/SUSE OSs on EFI systems
#1 Updated by Anonymous over 5 years ago
- Project changed from SELinux to Foreman
- Category set to Templates
- Priority changed from High to Normal
#2 Updated by Lukas Zapletal over 5 years ago
- Status changed from New to Need more information
Dmitry, what exactly are you missing? Foreman is capable of booting BIOS or EFI SUSE systems. You will likely need to add Grub1/Grub2 PXE templates, you can do that by modifying the BIOS ones. Our SLES/SUSE templates are mostly done by the community.
Example for Red Hat systems:
The one for SUSE will be very similar. Here is PXELinux one you need to convert into Grub2 format (above):
And then test it.
#3 Updated by The Foreman Bot over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Need more information to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/8639 added
#4 Updated by The Foreman Bot about 1 year ago
- Fixed in Releases 3.3.0 added
#5 Updated by Markus Bucher about 1 year ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
Applied in changeset foreman|57ac86bf7aebdad8d3b6c7cca297f2e75a9ced63.
Fixes #20265 - Add UEFI Grub(2) templates for SUSE