Satellite is not allowing recreation of SSH-key in Users
Description of problem:
Satellite is not allowing the recreation of SSH key after deleting that SSH key once from satellite.
It throws an error notification of 'Fingerprint has already been taken'.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Satellite 6.3.0 Snap 5 / Foreman 1.15
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create SSH key in any users(i tried in Admin) template
2. Delete that SSH key from users template.
3. Attempt to add same SSH key is same user template.
1. Satellite UI throws error notification - Fingerprint has already been taken.
2. SSH key is not added to user template.
Recreation/Re-Addition of SSH key in user template should be successful for any number of times. Error notification should not be displayed for recreation of SSH key.
The problem is that we enforce uniqueness throughout the application, if user A has the key, user B can't add it to his profile. I think we should run the validation only within owner scope.
#2 Updated by Marek Hulán about 2 years ago
- Subject changed from Satellite is not allowing recreation of SSH-key in Users to Satellite is not allowing recreation of SSH-key in Users
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 276
if this is agreed on, I think we should make it 1.15.3 since 1.15 introduced ssh keys, please change the release if you disagree