cache notification drawer state
Fixed in Releases:
Found in Releases:
As long as foreman is not a single page app, when a user has the notification drawer highlighted (e.g. has notifications) when moving from one page to another, there is a very quick status change due to initial page load reload the drawer and until the notification api call is not complete the drawer has no content.
this creates an annoying side effect where the drawer is highlighted, then not highlighted and then quickly highlighted again.
I would like that we store (in browser cache) if its highlighted or not, and update it upon a notification api call or when a user clear the state.
#1 Updated by Daniel Lobato Garcia over 5 years ago
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
#2 Updated by The Foreman Bot over 5 years ago
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Assignee set to Ohad Levy
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/4715 added
#3 Updated by Tomer Brisker over 5 years ago
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 296
#4 Updated by Ohad Levy over 5 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset 6629bac032ab1a1f174be2d7bd7491e4587cb329.
fixes #20485 - cache notification indicator in local storage
this ensures that the toggle icon is not swapping between
different page loads.
long term maybe we should cache the entire notifications