set release version of a content host via bulk action
1. Proposed title of this feature request
[RFE] set release version of a content host via bulk action
2. In non-public update...
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
When doing a bulk action on content hosts, the "Content Host Content" tab allows you to set the Lifecycle Environment and Content View, but not the Release Version. This is possible when changing the host one-by-one.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
Moving hundreds of servers from one Release to another without changing it one-by-one.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
Add "release version" field to the bulk action dialog for content.
6. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
Have a content host in Satellite, select it, click bulk action, click content, set the release version.
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
Not that I would be aware of
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
No, but 6.2.z would be nice.
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?