Support for Private Repos at Docker Hub
Cloned from https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1475121
Description of problem:
Satellite 6 is not able to sync private registry hosted on Docker Hub.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a registry on https://hub.docker.com
2. Push an image in the registry and make the registry private
3. Create the Docker type repository in the Satellite pointing to the private registry
4. Try to sync the repository
Sync fails with following error:
Could not fetch repository username/registry from registry https://registry.hub.docker.com - Unauthorized or Not Found
- Unauthorized access is documented.
- Registry is synced.
- Registry entry in Containers > Registries is created and credentials are correct.
- If the registry is not set as Private, sync is working without any issues
- Pulling from the private registry works
#1 Updated by Sebastian Gräßl over 5 years ago
- Subject changed from Support for Private Repos at Docker Hub to Support for Private Repos at Docker Hub
- Status changed from New to Rejected
#2 Updated by Marek Hulán over 5 years ago
Sebastian, what was the reason for rejecting the issue?
#3 Updated by Sebastian Gräßl over 5 years ago
@Marek: I copied the wrong ID and couldn't kill the script anymore. The BZ is about syncing of private repos via pulp. Private repos on Docker hub work with foreman-docker, however it is not explicitly documented.