Upgrade to Candlepin 2.1
Candlepin 2.1 is now available. With it comes numerous improvements; therefore, the Katello environment needs to be updated to utilize it.
The following is a high-level summary of some of the improvements:Performance & Stability improvements:
- Remove null inclusion on getProductbyUUID and getContentByUUID
- 1428150: Do not deadlock when processing hypervisor check ins
- 1436258: Optimize cert regen from content update
- Optimized pool provided product lookups during refresh
- Various fixes we carried in a feature branch we called "lock-less" monster, which improve performance and reduce lock contention across candlepin.
- 1441700: Fix issues with Status caching invalidation
- 1476897: Choose host_specific/virt_only pools first
- 1440924: Adjust message when activation key registration fails
- 1448897: Enforce default content access mode list
- 1455361: Prevent subscription-manager from registering as consumer type "candlepin"
- 1440180: Fix future entitlement start dates
- Added content access list refreshing to the refresh process
- 1395747: Fix incorrect semantics in identity certificate SANs
- Configure in clauses based on the DB we're using (smart defaults for each type of DB)
- Update Pool.cdn reference on Cdn deletion
#3 Updated by Jonathon Turel about 4 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Closed
Candlepin 2.1 has been tagged for 3.5: http://koji.katello.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=27120