Make it possible to install Foreman's httpd with mpm_event
Description of problem:
We did some measurement for number of concurrent registrations with Satellite on default mpm_prefork vs. mpm_event and with mpm_event, we saw significant saving in RSS memory consumed by httpd processes.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. measure RSS usage of all httpd processes together with default (currently
mpm_prefork) setting during concurrent registration of 140 hosts
2. measure RSS usage of all httpd processes together with mpm_event setting
configured during concurrent registration of 140 hosts
RSS memory usage in first case was about 2 GB, in second case 760 MB.
As discussed, it is important to carefully sanity-test Satellite in regards of functionality and performance.
#2 Updated by Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden almost 5 years ago
- Subject changed from make it possible to install Satellite's httpd with mpm_event to make it possible to install Satellite's httpd with mpm_event
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Resolved
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 296
#4 Updated by Evgeni Golov 7 months ago
- Assignee deleted (
Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden)
- Status changed from Closed to New
- Subject changed from make it possible to install Satellite's httpd with mpm_event to make it possible to install Foreman's httpd with mpm_event
Re-opening this, as the change that closed this issue was reverted in https://github.com/theforeman/foreman-installer/commit/0ed45f776fdbeb5d5dc814ffeab355da6aefce51
All supported Debian and Ubuntu releases, and EL8 have a sufficiently new Apache httpd, so the only outliner now is EL7.
It was discussed to make it "event" by default, and only use "prefork" for EL7.
#7 Updated by William Clark about 2 months ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
Applied in changeset installer|640dfc6b4aefc85a9af12c736191302184e7a28a.