Templates API to mark a build as failed
If there is an error during the kickstart process there is currently no way to notify Satellite that the build has failed. Currently the only option is to just not notify that the build completed.
Add a state to the build process of "Failed" or "Errored" and have an API call that a kickstart can make back to Satellite to indicate that the build has failed/errored.
The API call would be rendered in the template similarly as there is the
foreman_url. Perhaps something lke
foreman_url('built','fail', :message => "Failed to install puppet") that would allow achieving this.
- Subject changed from Templates API to to mark a build as failed
to Templates API to to mark a build as failed
- Target version set to 113
- Related to Feature #8780: Add a way to prevent reboot on failed deploy added
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Assignee set to Lukas Zapletal
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/5292 added
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/community-templates/pull/461 added
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- translation missing: en.field_release set to 353
- Related to Bug #24022: Encoding::UndefinedConversionError at failed hosts call added
- Subject changed from Templates API to to mark a build as failed to Templates API to mark a build as failed
- Triaged set to No
- Related to Feature #25390: Modify Templates API to proxy build as failed added
Also available in: Atom