Puppet processes consuming the whole Passenger Process Pool
Description of problem:
With Satellite 6.3, the puppet is configured with PassengerMinInstances set to 16(as can be found in /etc/foreman-installer/scenarios.d/satellite-answers.yaml). Since, the default for PassengerMaxPoolSize is 12, the current setting for Puppet, doesn't allow foreman processes to run hence creating huge lag while running some operation that needs to go through foreman.
It will be better if the value for PassengerMinInstances be kept somewhere below the value of PassengerMaxPoolSize so as to allow room for foreman processes to run.
#3 Updated by Eric Helms about 3 years ago
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) changed from 166 to 296
- Assignee set to Eric Helms
- Status changed from Rejected to Closed
- Category deleted (
- Project changed from Katello to Installer
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman-installer/pull/251 added