Select related vmware network when selecting a subnet
Compute resources - VMware
As a user, when you create a new host backed by a vmware VM you have to select both the subnet and the VM network to correctly provision a VM.
This is very error prone as a lot of users forget to set the second select field correctly. This causes the hosts to not build correctly and has to be corrected manually. In addition, Foreman does not allow updating the VM right now (#18304).
The VMWare network matching the subnet should be selected automatically when the subnet is changed.
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/5009 added
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 296
- Related to Bug #26280: The network used is different from the one visible in the network modal. added
- Related to Bug #26307: Vmware network comming from subnet guess should not rewrite the one selected on compute profile added
- Related to Feature #31408: Improve selecting of related network to subnet VLAN ID added
Also available in: Atom