Templates tab in Hosts>Operating Systems have confusing and misleading asterisks
Description of problem:
In Hosts > Operating Systems, when you go to select the Templates, each template has an asterisks beside its name. This is confusing
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Hosts > Operating Systems.
2. Select an operating system, RHEL 7, or Fedora.
3. Select the Templates tab.
4. Every template option has an asterisk, which makes it look mandatory to make a selection for each one.
According to Lzapletal, only three are mandatory: PXE, Provision, and Finish template
Only the mandatory template selections should have asterisks.
#1 Updated by Marek Hulán over 1 year ago
- Difficulty set to trivial
- Subject changed from Templates tab in Hosts>Operating Systems have confusing and misleading asterisks to Templates tab in Hosts>Operating Systems have confusing and misleading asterisks
I think we should remove all asterisks, which templates needs to be assigned is determined by what provisioning type you choose for this OS. In fact image based provisioning can work with finish template only. On the other hand that can lead to a confusion that no template is required. So alternative solution is keeping all asterisks but add help to the form that explains the purpose.