Foreman registers duplicates of host again and again on Ansible callback
I have a fresh installation of Foreman 1.16 on a clean host.
Ansible 2.4.2 is installed on the same host and foreman callback is configured.
When i execute some ansible playbook, target host is registered in Foreman (which is expected).
When i execute the same or another playbook targeting same host, another (duplicate) host record with the same hostname
is registered in Foreman. Again and again. Each execution of Ansible playbook produces another
host duplicate in Foreman.
#4 Updated by Ondřej Pražák about 4 years ago
- Assignee set to Ondřej Pražák
The temporary workaround is to use host FQDN.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Have a host that Foreman does not know about (my-host.example.com)
2) Set up Foreman plugin callback for Ansible to send facts and reports to Foreman
3) Run Ansible on the host using partially qualified host name: ansible -m setup my-host -i myhost,
4) observe the duplicate hosts
#8 Updated by Anonymous almost 4 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
Applied in changeset foreman_ansible|d7c4fbf68d9ce387ce0a0cb039807514f225b144.