sub-man registration fails if system has checked in with puppet (and no org has been assigned)
Cloned from https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1533201
Description of problem:
If a host has checked in with puppet, but is not assigned to any org, and you try to register it with sub-man, you get:
Validation failed: Name has already been taken
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install satellite 6.3.0
2. Try to register the satellite to itself
Fails with "Name has already been taken"
Should register normally, and the host should be assigned to the specified org.
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 339
- Target version set to 242
- Assignee set to Andrew Kofink
- Target version changed from 242 to 245
I am unable to reproduce this on the latest release, Katello 3.5; however, it has been reported in nightly.
I am able to reproduce this on master. If you don't want to use puppet to repro, you can do the following:
1. Add a new host in `rake console`:
2. Register katello.example.com
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/Katello/katello/pull/7168 added
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
Also available in: Atom