"installable updates" column in "hosts >> content hosts" doesn't show the proper information
We have deployed foreman 1.16 + katello 3.5 to manage centos7 hosts. We have imported the errata information into katello using the script in https://github.com/nicolas-r/katello-centos-errata-import
when I go to “hosts >> content hosts” the overview table doesn’t show any security update available. See this screenshot:
but if I go to "hosts >> content hosts >> hostname >> errata" I can see that there are two security updates available. The two security updates are also seen if in the errata tab I use the filter "type == "Security Advisory"".
If I go to “hosts >> all hosts” I get a message "Non-security errata applicable"
I have also noticed that the available “package updates” (number 19 in the first screenshot in the "Installable Updates" column) didn’t appear until I did "hosts >> content hosts >> hostname >> errata >> rebuild". Shouldn't this be populated automatically?
#2 Updated by Justin Sherrill over 4 years ago
- Status changed from New to Need more information
Did the errata get imported after the applicability information got generated? You could try forcing the regeneration by going to Hosts > content host > click your host > under actions select "Regenerate Applicability"
#5 Updated by Pablo Escobar over 4 years ago
When I try content hosts >> click on hostname >> errata tab >> recalculate I get the list of available updates but not the security fixes..etc
This is the status before recalculate:
This is the recalculate job output
This is the status of the main content hosts view after the recalculate (notice that I still don't see any security update but now I see 25 packages applicable after the recalculate)
but if I go to content host >> errata tab I can see the security updates available
#7 Updated by Pablo Escobar about 4 years ago
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
This problem seems to be solved after a fix in the script importing the Centos Errata (https://github.com/nicolas-r/katello-centos-errata-import)
All the details and some useful commands to debug the issue can be found here: https://github.com/nicolas-r/katello-centos-errata-import/issues/2
I think this bug can be closed