Hostgroup unlimited search eager loads all hosts
if you search hostgroup with query like "host.fqdn" it will find hostgroup containing that host. This can be pretty slow and memory consuming since it joins host and host's relations. It would be better to add :only_explicit => true for host scoped search definition, I don't think this would be broadly used and users could still achieve it by using "host = host.fqdn" if needed.
#1 Updated by The Foreman Bot about 5 years ago
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/5265 added
#2 Updated by Marek Hulán about 5 years ago
- Related to Bug #22644: Scoped search definitions added by hostgroup extension should not add more relations to generic search added
#3 Updated by Tomer Brisker about 5 years ago
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 330
#4 Updated by Marek Hulán about 5 years ago
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
Applied in changeset 0c38717867f2457d88b44e809b299773ac63a65f.
#5 Updated by Tomer Brisker about 5 years ago
- Bugzilla link set to 1547986
Fixes #22642 - limit searching by host to explicit query