Flag to avoid deletion from compute resource of an host associated when it's removed from satellite
1. Proposed title of this feature request
Avoid the accidental Virtual Machines deletion from the compute resources when associated Host profile is deleted in Sat6 by setting a global configurable flag.
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
When a VM from a compute resource is registered into satellite, is linked to his host profile.
In consequence of that, if that host is deleted from Satellite, is deleted from the compute resource as well.
The request is to have a flag to avoid this behavior, but to maintain association, in order to be able to work and edit the host configuration (like puppet modules and so on).
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
This feature is needed in order to avoid to have to de-associate VMs to prevent accidental VMs deletion.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
An option in foreman like:
by default could be kept to true, to maintain the usual behaviour, but optionally this could be set to false, and change the behaviour.
6. For each functional requirement listed in question 5, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
a) activate the flag
b) delete and host profile
c) ensure the VM remain active and existent
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies?
The sooner the better: currently the UX of the customer with the product is highly impacted by this.
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?