Locations from parent HG are not inherited by child HGs
#1 Updated by Anurag Patel almost 2 years ago
- Category set to Host groups
Original bug report from BZ:
Description of problem:
Hostgroup api fails to inherit the location from the parent hostgroup
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): 6.2.14
How reproducible: Always
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Make sure that the json has a parent hostgroup_id declared and make sure that you have not added location in the json file.
2. Make sure that the parent hostgroup has been assigned all the parameters including location
3. Create a hostgroup using api.
4. run the GET request on the newly created hostgroup to check if a location has been assigned to it, or not.
Hostgroup does not have the location assigned to it.
New Hostgroup needs to inherit the location from the parent hostgroup.
If you try to access the newly created hostgroup from the sat webui, then the location gets automatically assigned. You can confirm this by running the GET request before accessing it from webui and after accessing it.