Allow overriding the path in rake security:generate_token
Fixed in Releases:
Found in Releases:
The path is currently hardcoded to Rails.root/config/initializers/local_secret_token.rb. In production setups we want to store this in /etc/foreman with a symlink Rails.root/config/initializers/local_secret_token.rb so there's no state in /usr. https://github.com/theforeman/foreman-packaging/pull/2143 works around this by creating the file, moving it and then ensuring the symlink. This is cumbersome and making the path configurable would avoid one step.
#1 Updated by The Foreman Bot almost 5 years ago
- Assignee set to Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/5553 added
#2 Updated by Ohad Levy almost 5 years ago
- Legacy Backlogs Release (now unused) set to 353
#3 Updated by Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden almost 5 years ago
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
Applied in changeset 53ecc7fc7090c009e18ffd95b3b45891c21fbe51.
#4 Updated by Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden over 4 years ago
- Triaged set to No
- Category set to Rake tasks
Fixes #23577 - Configurable security token path
In production setups we prefer to store this file in /etc/foreman and a
symlink in the rails root.