Feature #24080

Add support for Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic Beaver)

Added by Mateusz Gozdek 9 months ago. Updated 7 months ago.

Target version:
Bugzilla link:
Pull request:
Team Backlog:
Fixed in Releases:
Found in Releases:


It would be cool to get packages for `bionic` before July 26th, when 18.04.1 is released and upgrade will become available for servers.

I found this thread ( on the forum, but it would be nice to have a ticket to track progress on it.

Related issues

Blocked by Foreman - Tracker #22103: Support Ruby 2.5Resolved


#1 Updated by Michael Moll 9 months ago

  • Priority changed from Normal to Low
  • Assignee set to Michael Moll
  • Status changed from New to Pending

It would be cool if puppetlabs would deliver the respective supoprt for it. Before that, we are blocked.

#2 Updated by Mateusz Gozdek 9 months ago

I assume you are talking about modules updates with bionic support. About which modules are you talking about exactly? Only puppetlabs-postgresql? Are there issues opened upstream to address that, so we can block on it? Blocking without a reference make no sense IMO :)

#3 Updated by Michael Moll 9 months ago

  • All the modules, we're using in the installer (I'm checking this, once puppetserver is there)
  • puppet-agent package (that's already there)
  • puppetserver package (missing at the moment)
  • Maybe I forgot something

Are there issues opened upstream to address that, so we can block on it?

I don't know

#4 Updated by Michael Gooden 8 months ago

  • Triaged set to No

puppetserver has been released for Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.

A quick investigation attempting to use the existing Xenial packages shows a requirement on Ruby 2.3, Bionic appears to only ship Ruby 2.5 (which according to a ticket here is not yet supported under The Foreman anyway?)

I have an ancient installation on Ubuntu 14.04 that I would like to replace with an Ubuntu 18.04 instance, so please let me know if I can help test any nightlies for you.

#5 Updated by Michael Moll 8 months ago

Pretty, please, wait for us to announce support. We have it on our radar.

#6 Updated by Michael Moll 8 months ago

#7 Updated by Michael Moll 7 months ago

  • Status changed from Pending to Closed
  • Fixed in Releases 1.19.0 added

Also available in: Atom PDF