Password hash propagation (operatingsystem/kickstart template) to authconfig doesn't work
|Triaged:||No||Fixed in Releases:|
|Bugzilla link:||1563529||Found in Releases:|
|Pull request:||https://github.com/theforeman/community-templates/pull/487, https://github.com/theforeman/community-templates/pull/488, https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/5746|
The operatingsystem definition lets you select a hashing algorithm (SHA256, SHA512, ...). This is written in uppercase. The value is used in the kickstart_default.erb (authconfig --passalgo=) which needs downcase values.
If SHA512 is selected (SHA256 is the default in kickstart_default.erb), authconfig will use SHA256 anyway because it has no value SHA512 (but sha512).
This issue is also described in RH Bugzilla #1563529 (https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1563529)
#2 Updated by Lukas Zapletal 23 days ago
- Bugzilla link set to 1563529
- Category set to Templates
- Subject changed from root password hash propagation (operatingsystem/kickstart template) to authconfig doesn't work (downcase/uppercase) to Password hash propagation (operatingsystem/kickstart template) to authconfig doesn't work
Hey, yeah thanks. Fixing.
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
Applied in changeset community-templates|662cb89c5c8a6e47927d4f12c15992c26197cade.