No input validation on Add Subscriptions Page
Description of problem:
There currently are no input validations, when a user tries to add a new subscription. This means the user can submit any value. However, there seem to be two behaviors following submission of bad values.
1. It appears to submit, then a warning pops up saying "No pools provided".
2. It actually submits the form, says it succeeded, then notifies of the task resulting in a warning state.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Satellite 6.4 Snap 10
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Upload a valid manifest, that does not contain all the subscriptions in your account.
2. Navigate to subscriptions, the click "Add Subscriptions"
3. In one of the entitlement fields, enter any range of non-valid inputs.
4. If possible, try to submit the form.
There is no input validation, and the form submits, resulting in a failed task.
Input validation warns the user, and stops them from submitting bad data.
Fixes #24215 - Add validation for upstream sub quantities
This commit adds validation for the text fields in the
"Add Subscriptions" page. The validation is handled by:
- The submit button being grey when no subscriptions
are selected, so the user can't submit a request
with no subscriptions checked
- The text box turning green or red depending on if the
quantity is valid
- The quantity values being checked on submission, and
showing an error notification if its invalid. This
prevents a bad request from being sent to the API
In addition, the "Available Entitlements" column on the table
has changed to reflect what is available, not the total.
This is because the available subscriptionsis the max
amount that can be added.
Since this quantity is
shown and visual feedback is given to the user if they
exceed this, there is no need for the "MAX" text under the
text box. This closely mirrors the functionality of the Red