Unhelpful error messages when manifest can't be found upstream
Cloned from https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1610415
If manifest can't be found upstream (usually in RHSM), "Subscriptions" page will display unhelpful error message that consists only of HTTP error. Satellite log is a bit better, but still doesn't make it easy to understand what the issue is.
Manifest might be missing from upstream if it was deleted there (this will result in error 410) or if manifest if was manually changed (this will result in error 404 and is probably done only by robottelo test framework).
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Go to access.redhat.com, create new subscription allocation, allocate some product and download manifest file
2. In Satellite, create new organization and upload manifest file
3. In access.redhat.com, remove subscription allocation created in step 1
4. In Satellite, go to Content -> Subscriptions
Following error message is displayed:
If instead of removing subscription, we manually change zip content ("uuid" must be changed in manifest.zip/consumer_export.zip/export/consumer.json), then error message will be "404 Not Found".
It's impossible to tell what caused this error and how to solve it.
More helpful error message is displayed.
#1 Updated by Justin Sherrill almost 5 years ago
- Triaged changed from No to Yes
- Target version set to Katello 3.9.0
#2 Updated by Tomáš Strachota over 4 years ago
- Team Backlog UX added
#3 Updated by The Foreman Bot over 4 years ago
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/Katello/katello/pull/7681 added
#4 Updated by Walden Raines over 4 years ago
- Assignee set to Liza Gilman
#5 Updated by Liza Gilman over 4 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
Applied in changeset katello|1f88926d5598b765ead21429cb1b240be76e0caf.
Fixes #24535 - display more helpful error messages