searching on a specific host's hosts/<id>/interfaces should only return the matching interface
1. Proposed title of this feature request
[RFE] searching on a specific host's hosts/<id>/interfaces should only return the matching interface
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
When querying the interfaces of a specific host and providing a search parameter that should narrow down the search, the results still return all of the interfaces.
This RFE is to have the api for /hosts/<id>/interfaces only return the matching interface when a matching ?search= is provided.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
For automation purposes. Now the api must be called, and then all of the results iterated and parsed to find the correct interface. Whereas, if the search only returned what was searched, that iteration and parsing would be unncessary
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
Add the ability to search for a specific interface on a hosts/<id>/interfaces API call
6. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
When a host has multiple interfaces defined, the search will only return the one(s) matching the query.