No validation for image path in compute-resource image creation
Description of problem: While creating compute-resource image, there is no validation for image path field and passing any data as path creates image.
How reproducible: always
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create compute resource from Infrastructure option.
2. Click "Create Image" option.
3. Enter any invalid string in image path field and submit.
Image is created.
Expected results: Image should not be created and it should raise an error showing invalid image path(uuid).
Updated by Lukas Zapletal over 5 years ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Triaged changed from No to Yes
Hello and thanks for the report. Most (if not all) compute resources use UUIDs, image path is only used for libvirt provider and this provider's API does not allow us to verify such a thing. So it cannot be done easily. Also, libvirt is more of a testing compute resource, for serious virtualization use oVirt, RHEV or VMWare. I am closing this bug.