An API or Report to list the hypervisor-guest mapping.
1. Proposed title of this feature request
An API to list the hypervisor-guest mapping, and the names of the guest VMs to be listed in UUID and hostname both formats.
2. Who is the customer behind the request?
Account: name (acct #)
TAM customer: no/yes
SRM customer: no/yes
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
As we can get the mapping of hypervisors and guest through hammer CLI but it takes long to load creating a CSV file.
Example: hammer csv content-hosts --export --columns "Name,Guest of Host" --search hostname
Having an API call to get the mapping in more readable format is the request.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
Its a long list of guest VMs which need to be addressed with which hypervisor they are all associated to.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
Through API call
6. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
A somewhat similar RFE is in place, but the API given in it does not work expected.
8. Does the customer have any specific time-line dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?