foreman-installer missing puppet group
when I try to install the foreman with the katello scenario by this command
foreman-installer --scenario katello \
--foreman-initial-organization "Capensis" \
--foreman-initial-location "Lille" \
I get an error telling me that the puppet group doesn't exist
For the installation to succeed, I have to do this.
Technical environment :
Thanks in advance.
#1 Updated by Tomer Brisker over 4 years ago
- Project changed from Foreman to Installer
#2 Updated by Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden over 4 years ago
- Triaged changed from No to Yes
- Category set to foreman-installer script
- Found in Releases 1.19.0, 1.20.1 added
This is because puppet-foreman defaults to user_groups = ['puppet']. In the katello scenario this isn't needed and we should change the default in the scenario.
I'm not sure you can set the array to empty via command line parameters but possibly an alternative workaround is passing in --foreman-user-groups foreman.
#3 Updated by Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden almost 4 years ago
- Related to Bug #26330: Foreman Proxy module is unconditionally assigned to the puppet group added
#4 Updated by Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden almost 4 years ago
- Is duplicate of Bug #16241: Puppet group configured on 'foreman' user without 'puppet' module selected added
#5 Updated by Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden almost 4 years ago
- Status changed from New to Duplicate
- Fixed in Releases 1.22.0 added