Optionally update Host.ip as part of /unattended/built
This came out of testing the no-puppetmaster patch. If you use tokens (so no need to supply an accurate IP to Foreman) and don't use Puppet, Foreman will never get the real IP of the system (as facts will never be uploaded).
Since the Host's IP can be got from the request (either request.ip or an embedded param) we could add a setting to allow Foreman to directly update the Host IP once the machine is built (or maybe tie it to the token setting?).
#1 Updated by Greg Sutcliffe over 9 years ago
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
#2 Updated by Greg Sutcliffe over 9 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset 8d10c655228f67447dba1aa62f1cd2bb933ce4e0.
#3 Updated by Dominic Cleal over 9 years ago
- Related to Feature #3182: Remove requirement for entering an IP address when creating a new host added
#4 Updated by Dominic Cleal over 9 years ago
- Related to Feature #2214: Specifying host IP address should not be mandatory for unmanaged DNS/DHCP subnets added
Fixes #2576 - Add optional update of Host.ip from built request