Generate report for success/failed patching of content hosts between date ranges
1. Proposed title of this feature request
generate report of patched content hosts (either success/failed) using satellite between a date range.
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
This feature is requested for the list of patches applied (successful/failed) for content hosts machine from satellite.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
a. Security Auditors required the same as a proof of automated patching from satellite for PCI-SOX servers for the security compliance assurance.
b. Management needs this report to know the status of servers patch level & compliance status.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
They would like to generate an automated report as and when required like Daily/Weekly & Monthly in short between a specified date range.
6. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
They will cross verify the applied patches list with the auto-generated report.
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
Additional info: the report should contain following fields: date applied, hostname, errata, errata category, status of the application (success/faliure), last reboot time