Templates are getting rendered in production.log
Fixed in Releases:
Found in Releases:
Cloned from https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1676302
Description of problem:
When we build the host all the templates are rendered and outputted to /var/log/production.log. because of this production.log size grows high.
This was introduced some time ago, but this might be security problem as templates contain sensitive data. Let's fix this.
#1 Updated by The Foreman Bot about 4 years ago
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/6479 added
#2 Updated by Tomer Brisker about 4 years ago
- Related to Feature #22493: Add new logging options to integrate with logging-journald gem added
#3 Updated by Marek Hulán about 4 years ago
- Subject changed from Templates are getting rendered in production.log to Templates are getting rendered in production.log
This was in fact asked for. I don't see it as a bug. We use blob logger for this which can be disabled if the log size is too big. We can disable blob logger by default, but should clearly document how to enable it or how to configure journal so it's logged to separate logger.
#4 Updated by Tomer Brisker about 4 years ago
- Fixed in Releases 1.22.0 added
#5 Updated by Lukas Zapletal about 4 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
Applied in changeset d83d1ec08ab95a8ce90a4e5048273b246895be80.
Fixes #26039 - disable blob logger by default