OS's with 3 digit versions not showing up as "synced content"
Foreman's OS model allows for "X.y" versions not "x.y.z".
However Rhel8 and other OSes sometimes specify 3 digits like "8.0.0" in their treeinfo. This falls when we try to match the host os release with the distributions ("x.y" and "x.y.z" don't match.)
1) Sync latest rhel8 base os ks repo. Make sure the distribution version is set to 8.0.0 (should be able to see that on repo details)
2) Go to new hosts/hostsgroup
3) Select the appropriate values for CV, LCE, Content source
3) Go to the operating systems tab and pick x86_64 and Redhat 8.0
notice that the synced content is greyed out
Need to be able to pick the 8.0.x
- Fixes #26095 - Provision distros with 3 digit vers
This commit handles the case where the treeinfo in a distribution has 3
or more digit versions like "8.0.0" during provisioning of a OS that has
2 digits like "8.0". This commit returns x.y.z as a possible bootable
version for any os that has "x.y or x.y.z"