puppet-certs uses md5 internally to check for difference between expected and actual certs (might break in FIPS)
There is 0 security implication of this issue and it doesn't break with puppet in FIPS either, as
by default, puppet is statically linked with their openssl distribution. We should however
not consciously use md5 and other non-FIPS compliant algorithms.
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/puppet-certs/pull/246 added
- Target version set to 1.22.0
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- Fixed in Releases 1.22.0 added
- Fixed in Releases 1.20.3, 1.21.1 added
- Fixed in Releases deleted (
This was released as puppet-certs 4.4.3 but Katello 3.10 includes 4.4.2. There likely won't be a Katello 3.10.2 to include this.
Also available in: Atom