Building a tarball with Rakefile.dist fails over $CHILD_STATUS
rake -f Rakefile.dist pkg:generate_source it fails because the English module is not required. Using
$? does work.
#1 Updated by The Foreman Bot about 4 years ago
- Assignee set to Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/6576 added
#2 Updated by Anonymous about 4 years ago
- Fixed in Releases 1.22.0 added
#3 Updated by Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden about 4 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
Applied in changeset 13503354912780a245790c104f7afd7f72002384.
Fixes #26367 - Fix building sources outside of bundler
Using `rake -f Rakefile.dist pkg:generate_source` fails because it
doesn't require the English module. This means $CHILD_STATUS is not set
and the task fails. When using it via Rakefile it loads the main
application which pulls in the English module somewhere so there the
issue doesn't exist.
By requiring English we ensure the readable version is present.