Lock package versions after installation
In foreman-maintain there will be feature for version locking of Foreman packages to protect against unwanted upgrades of Foreman during system update.
Foreman-installer should be able to lock the packages automatically immediately after the installation to minimize manual steps during installation.
Foreman-installer should be able to check if the packages are locked and warn the user eventually offer to run unlock on its own.
Refs #26409 - fixed typo and changed exitstatus
Refs #26409 - installation renamed to packages
Refs #26409 - error catching, output tuning
Refs #26409 - fixed f-m command detection errors
Refs #26409 - Readability improvements
Refs #26409 - Suppress error out on lock test
#1 Updated by Martin Bacovsky about 4 years ago
- Blocked by Feature #26216: Implement a yum version lock type of protections against upgrades added
#2 Updated by The Foreman Bot almost 4 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman-installer/pull/336 added
#3 Updated by Martin Bacovsky almost 4 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
Applied in changeset 32d2dd767f75679df9f32492090f58f07820f1d6.
#4 Updated by Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden almost 4 years ago
- Triaged changed from No to Yes
- Target version set to 1.22.0
- Fixed in Releases 1.22.0 added
Fixes #26409 - Locking packages after installation
This patch add a new option --[no-]lock-packages-versions.
The option enables/disables version locking of installed packages.
Once used the choice is stored in the scenario "custom" hash and
is reused in the following installer runs.
If the packages are locked when the installer starts
unlock is performed before installer proceed with the installation.