Raise minimum Puppet version to 4.4
Currently there's still a lot of code to support Puppet 3, but that's EOL. There's also some code for early 4.x versions that nobody should be using anymore. 4.4+ doesn't need any special version handling so that'll be the minimum new version.
Refs #26591 - Optimize Proxy::Bmc.installed?
Refs #26591 - Stub Rubyipmi.is_provider_installed?
With the removal of the Puppet gem, it looks like /sbin is no longer
guaranteed to be in PATH. Since these tests shouldn't care about that,
we can pretend by stubbing.
Fixes #26591 - Remove puppet_proxy_legacy (Puppet 3)
This drops legacy Puppet support and relies on the Puppet API to
retrieve classes. This means at least Puppet 4.4 is required. Since
Puppet 4 also removed puppet kick, that provider is removed as well.
Refs #26591 - don't try to load puppet_proxy_legacy anymore
Refs #26591 - Drop unused ResourceTypeApiv3
7e7015aba068db541bd4f4cf1856bf69ebbe2953 removed the legacy Puppet
implementation but left an unused ResourceTypeApiv3 class.
#1 Updated by The Foreman Bot about 4 years ago
- Assignee set to Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/smart-proxy/pull/637 added
#2 Updated by Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden almost 4 years ago
- Related to Refactor #27053: Drop Puppet 3 support from the proxy added
#3 Updated by Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden almost 4 years ago
- Triaged changed from No to Yes
- Fixed in Releases 1.23.0 added
#4 Updated by Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden almost 4 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
Applied in changeset 7e7015aba068db541bd4f4cf1856bf69ebbe2953.
#5 Updated by The Foreman Bot almost 4 years ago
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/smart-proxy/pull/666 added
#6 Updated by The Foreman Bot over 3 years ago
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/smart-proxy/pull/686 added
#7 Updated by Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden over 2 years ago
- Related to Refactor #30855: Drop unused Puppet test fixtures added
#8 Updated by Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden over 2 years ago
- Related to Refactor #30857: Merge Puppet Proxy Puppet API provider code into the Puppet module added
Refs #26591 - Improve BMC logging output