Discrepancy in default memory size for virtual machine while provisioning vm
Description of problem:
Default memory size for virtual machine is in Bytes (2147483648) while creating host
Also, the information icon for memory is unresponsive.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Satellite version: 6.6.0 snap 6
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Navigate to Hosts and click on create hosts link.
2. Configure host parameters in host tab.
3. Switch to virtual machine tab.
4. Check the default memory size.
5. Click on the information icon for Memory.
6. Provide value in single digit eg. 2 or 4 and create host.
- Host parameters are configured properly. No issues seen.
- Virtual machine tab shows very high value for Memory - 2147483648 (which converts to 2 GB). This value is supposedly in Bytes considering 2GB to be the default value.
- Clicking on information icon is unresponsive. No information is shown to user about the unit of value.
- Single digit value is correctly applied - eg. if 2 is provided then host is provisioned with 2 GB memory.
- Memory size value should be in GB by default.
- Information icon should provide the unit info for memory size.
#1 Updated by Ondřej Ezr 9 months ago
- Triaged changed from No to Yes
- Category changed from Compute resources - VMware to Compute resources - libvirt
- Subject changed from Discrepancy in default memory size for virtual machine while provisioning vm from Satellite 6 to Discrepancy in default memory size for virtual machine while provisioning vm from Satellite 6
It is caused by event 'ContentLoaded' is fired before the DOM the jquery prepared DOM is rendered into real DOM.
The bytes spinner is than loaded incorrectly and the spinner is not initialized.