[column_view] Unable to access host summary page
I just updated from foreman 1.1 to 1.2 on a debian wheezy (7.1), using deb.theforeman.org repository.
I stumbled on two problems (one regarding the postinst - there's a missing action preventing it to work - I'll create another issue regarding this), and the second one regarding the foreman interface:
Going to hosts, and clicking on any hostname listed, I get an error page. Content is as follow:
undefined method `reject' for nil:NilClass
The Full trace shows:
NoMethodError undefined method `reject' for nil:NilClass app/views/hosts/_overview.html.erb:18:in `_app_views_hosts__overview_html_erb__482793476_23672812427940' app/views/hosts/show.html.erb:25:in `_app_views_hosts_show_html_erb___998698981_23672812768520' lib/foreman/thread_session.rb:31:in `clear_thread'
Adding /reports to the given URL (<foreman host>/hosts/<fqdn>/reports) does work as expected.
Any clue regarding this issue? May it be related to #2761? As I had to do some by-hand stuff (command listed in the mentioned bug)…
Steps to reproduce:
- be sure you have foreman-1.1 installed
- upgrade it to 1.2 (using the workaround shown in #2761)
- restart apache (just to be sure)
- go on some host page
Workaround: none so far…
#4 Updated by Dominic Cleal over 4 years ago
- Tracker changed from Bug to Feature
- Project changed from Foreman to Plugins
- Subject changed from [foreman-1.2] Unable to access host summary page to [column_view] Unable to access host summary page
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Assignee set to Dominic Cleal
Thanks for the note about column_view, now it makes sense.
Submitted a PR: https://github.com/GregSutcliffe/foreman_column_view/pull/8
If you add some configuration to the column_view plugin then it should work too, see the README or if you're using the RPM, copy /usr/share/foreman/config/settings.plugins.d/foreman_column_view.yaml.example to /usr/share/foreman/config/settings.plugins.d/foreman_column_view.yaml.