Optimize process tree in tfm-* wrappers
Fixed in Releases:
Found in Releases:
Currently we execute bash and within that bash we execute scl enable tfm "bash wrapper". This results in a complex process tree:
/bin/bash /usr/bin/tfm-rake -- console \_ scl enable tfm bash /tmp/tmp.4vH4dRd7aM \_ /bin/bash /var/tmp/scliO1x5z \_ bash /tmp/tmp.4vH4dRd7aM \_ /opt/rh/rh-ruby25/root/usr/bin/ruby /opt/rh/rh-ruby25/root/usr/bin/rake -- console
It can also use
source scl_enable tfm && exec ruby "$@" and end up with a much smaller process tree since it replaces the parent process:
/opt/rh/rh-ruby25/root/usr/bin/ruby /opt/rh/rh-ruby25/root/usr/bin/rake console
This still avoids https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1248418 in a different way.
Refs #27874 - Quote the variable in tfm wrappers
#1 Updated by The Foreman Bot over 3 years ago
- Assignee set to Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman-packaging/pull/4115 added
#2 Updated by The Foreman Bot over 3 years ago
- Fixed in Releases 1.24.0 added
#3 Updated by Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden over 3 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
Applied in changeset foreman-packaging|682a5f1a0803c5aa422c8495fb19f56494058f36.
#4 Updated by The Foreman Bot over 3 years ago
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman-packaging/pull/4129 added
Fixes #27874 - Optimize tfm wrappers
This avoids a complex process tree and replaces the original process.
This saves memory and also makes ps auxf and similar commands much more