Changing a hostgroup name doesn't update associated Smart Variable matchers
Version: 1.2.0-0.4.RC3 (yum.theforeman.org EL6 RPM packages)
- Create a hostgroup
- Create a class with overridden parameters
- At the hostgroup level, assign the class and override the parameter.
- Change the hostgroup name
Navigating into the class view will show the old Smart Variable matcher (hostgroup=<old_hostgroup_name>).
Admittedly, this may not actually be an issue in 1.2 GA. I haven't
- Category set to Parameters
- Target version set to 1.3.0
- Difficulty set to easy
Should be relatively easy to re-test or fix. Thanks for the report.
Jon, I confirm that this bug also exists in the latest 'develop' branch
- Target version changed from 1.3.0 to 1.4.0
- Target version deleted (
- Has duplicate Bug #3871: Foreman 1.3.1: Adding a new smart class parameter override fails if there is an existing match on an hostgroup that don't exist. added
See also #3871, this also affects re-parenting/nesting I guess.
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Target version set to 1.9.2
- Assignee set to Joseph Magen
- translation missing: en.field_release set to 2
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Has duplicate Bug #3264: Renaming a host group looses class parameter overrides added
Also available in: Atom