Tracker #28968: Prominent Notification of Subscription Expiring
Add "Subscriptions expiring soon" email to Email Preferences
Add a new email notification to the Email Preferences tab of the User edit screen.
Title: Subscriptions Expiring Soon
Options: Daily, Weekly, Monthly
- As a user, I want to be able to opt-in for email notification about subscriptions expiring $soon.
Each user can only get information about subscriptions they have permission to view
- (For now, hard-code $soon to 30 days)
- As a user, I want to choose how often the notification should be sent, daily/weekly/monthly (consistent with other notifications)
- The notification is not sent if no expiring subscription is found
- The notification will contain following information about expiring subscriptions:
subscription name, satellite organization, type, quantity, SKU, contract, account, start, end (expiry)
- The notification should contain the list of subscriptions, not the systems that are affected by it (attached to them).
- As a user, I want to chose what $soon means, typically a week, 30 days, 90 days
- The notification should contain the link to render a report with more details, specifically about what systems (hosts) will be affected by that expiration
#3 Updated by Jonathon Turel over 2 years ago
May be useful:
Mail Notifications design: https://projects.theforeman.org/projects/foreman/wiki/Mail_Notifications_NG
How Foreman seeds mail notifications: https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/blob/develop/db/seeds.d/160-mail_notifications.rb
Example mail notifications: https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/tree/develop/app/mailers