disable CertificateRevocationListTask job in candlepin.conf by default
Description of problem:
CertificateRevocationListTask is a candlepin's job to populate CRL. The CRL is not used in Satellite (at least katello nor RHSM queries for "crl" URI against candlepin/rhsm. So this job is being performed redundantly on a Satellite6.
- there were 5+ cases where CRL had impacted Satellite performance
- the only workaround is in modifying /etc/candlepin/candlepin.conf
- .. and this workaround does not survive an upgrade or even satellite-installer run
I am requesting to disable the Job via installer directly & by default.
Fix is very trivial, just add anywhere to
a line like:
pinsetter.org.candlepin.pinsetter.tasks.CertificateRevocationListTask.schedule=0 0 0 1 1 ?
(see KCS 3888591 linked)
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Sat6.6 (any version)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install Satellite6 (or just run satellite-installer on already installed Sat6)
2. Check if CertificateRevocationListTask schedule is changed in /etc/candlepin/candlepin.conf
3. Wait for noon and check "Starting job: org.candlepin.pinsetter.tasks.CertificateRevocationListTask" log in candlepin.log
2. no such entry in candlepin.conf
3. such a task/job is fired every noon (by default, it finishes soon, but not in various scaled environments)
2. have the schedule practicaly disabled via candlepin.conf
3. no such job invoked on a noon
There are customers where CRLT took hours to finish, negatively affecting candlepin (and hence whole Sat6) performance. If not disabled, the impact to CPU grows over time.
Updated by Eric Helms almost 4 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
Applied in changeset puppet-candlepin|504ed85be6eabf3a9aa7d431093bda74adc4682e.