Foreman Proxy HTTPBoot feature should not require tftp
Fixed in Releases:
Found in Releases:
Foreman Proxy's HTTPBoot feature used to require tftp, but since Foreman Proxy 1.22 this is no longer true (commit:db33bc6780e28b5d694a1be6642e637aff59936f / https://github.com/theforeman/smart-proxy/commit/db33bc6780e28b5d694a1be6642e637aff59936f).
#1 Updated by The Foreman Bot over 2 years ago
- Assignee set to Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/puppet-foreman_proxy/pull/608 added
#2 Updated by Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden over 2 years ago
- Subject changed from Foreman Proxy HTTPBoot feature should require tftp to Foreman Proxy HTTPBoot feature should not require tftp
#3 Updated by Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden over 2 years ago
- Triaged changed from No to Yes
- Target version set to 2.2.0
#4 Updated by Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden over 2 years ago
- Related to Refactor #28378: Parameter foreman-proxy-httpboot should setup TFTP folder added
#5 Updated by Eric Helms over 2 years ago
- Target version changed from 2.2.0 to 2.3.0
#6 Updated by Tomer Brisker over 2 years ago
- Target version changed from 2.3.0 to 2.4.0
#7 Updated by The Foreman Bot over 2 years ago
- Fixed in Releases 2.4.0 added
#8 Updated by Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden over 2 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
Applied in changeset puppet-foreman_proxy|e4b7763e45fecc5fbaa5d88cc066906d6caf7bf7.
Fixes #30449 - Do not require TFTP for HTTPBoot
Since Foreman Proxy 1.22 the hard requirement on TFTP is no longer
present. This changes the default to always be off, rather than on. This
makes sense since in the default deployment HTTP is off and most
installations don't support booting over HTTPS.
To get the netboot files, the TFTP feature must still be enabled.