RHV compute profiles using VM templates always enable (and re-enable) the "Highly Available" bit regardless of setup on RHV side
Description of problem:
Any RHV Compute Profile created on a Satellite 6.7 will check the Highly Available box by default, even if the selected VM template has HA disabled on RHV side.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Satellite 6.7 beta
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Browse to Infrastructure > Compute Profiles > Create Compute Profile
2. Link the Compute Profile to a RHV Compute Resource and add to the Compute Profile any options you wish, selecting any template (but Blank) on the Template drop-down.
3. Un-check the Highly Available box.
3. Click the Submit button.
4. Edit the Compute Profile once again.
The Highly Available checkbox is selected.
When creating a host using this Compute Profile, the Highly Available box on said host will be checked by default every single time.
The HA bit should be defined by RHV and queried by Satelite, so Satellite should honor the setup on RHV side.
In addition, once the Satellite admin disables the Highly Available box this setting should be honored throughout Satellite, which includes while creating a host using said Compute Profile.
#1 Updated by yifat makias about 1 year ago
- Assignee set to yifat makias
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Subject changed from RHV compute profiles using VM templates always enable (and re-enable) the "Highly Available" bit regardless of setup on RHV side to RHV compute profiles using VM templates always enable (and re-enable) the "Highly Available" bit regardless of setup on RHV side