Foreman doesn't support Netplan on Ubuntu
When provisioning Ubuntu systems, Foreman still uses the `/etc/network/interfaces` file. However, Ubuntu 18.04 moved away from `/etc/network/interfaces` and instead uses `/etc/netplan`.
I will add code to address this.
I previously submitted a PR in https://github.com/theforeman/community-templates/pull/568, and Jan Pacak submitted a similar PR in https://github.com/theforeman/community-templates/pull/545. I had to give up on my PR due to work issues, but I'm picking it up again.
#1 Updated by The Foreman Bot over 2 years ago
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/7947 added
#2 Updated by The Foreman Bot about 2 years ago
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/8261 added
#3 Updated by The Foreman Bot almost 2 years ago
- Fixed in Releases 2.5.0 added
#4 Updated by Anonymous almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
Applied in changeset foreman|177adee77bcfbd25fa1fac00b198981473c50910.
#5 Updated by Tomer Brisker almost 2 years ago
- Category set to Templates
- Fixed in Releases 2.4.1 added
#6 Updated by Tomer Brisker over 1 year ago
- Related to Bug #32981: Latest preseed_networking_setup template snippet does not work Ubuntu 18.04+ with multiple nics added
#7 Updated by Amit Upadhye over 1 year ago
- Fixed in Releases 3.0.0 added
Fixes #30748 - On Ubuntu 18.04+ use /etc/netplan