Use ActionDispatch::RemoteIp when working as a reverse proxy
The ActionDispatch::RemoteIp middleware can provide the remote IP correctly as a property of the request object. It has an option to provide a list of trusted reverse proxies which needs to be exposed to the user. The installer should also expose this. It only needs to be in settings.yaml since middleware can't dynamically reload config.
This will replace the existing IpFromRequestEnv concern so it can be used application wide.
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Assignee set to Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/7960 added
- Related to Bug #32019: all requests are logged as coming from 127.0.0.1 in production.log added
- Fixed in Releases 2.5.0 added
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/8405 added
- Fixed in Releases 2.4.0 added
- Fixed in Releases 2.3.4 added
- Fixed in Releases deleted (
Also available in: Atom