Actions::Katello::Repository::IndexContent is performed even on repositories that have not changed
On large Content View publishes, a good portion of the publish is spent running Actions::Katello::Repository::IndexContent. In cases where repositories do not change, we still run IndexContent.
This slows down users who desire rapid publishes with only a small set of changes, eg:
- OS repos with 1000s of packages never change
- app layer repos with few packages that change often
Users have to pay the price to index the content on a publish for the large OS repos that are largely static.
How to reproduce:
1) Create content view with RPM content
2) Publish CV, note IndexContent steps are run
3) Publish CV again with no changes, note IndexContent is still run.