Currently Smart Proxy is able to daemonize and manage a pid file. However, in the common deployments under systemd and Windows this isn't actually used. There are also other solutions out there to manage it externally if it's needed.
Removing this simplifies the code and config file.
- Status changed from New to Ready For Testing
- Assignee set to Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/smart-proxy/pull/777 added
- Pull request https://github.com/theforeman/puppet-foreman_proxy/pull/630 added
- Fixed in Releases 3.5.0 added
- Status changed from Ready For Testing to Closed
- Triaged changed from No to Yes
Also available in: Atom